Post Rock Extension District Welcomes New Horticulture Agent



Cassie Homan, Horticulture Agent
Hi Post Rock District, my name is Cassie Homan I am your new Horticulture Extension Agent. The Post Rock District serves Mitchell, Lincoln, Smith, Osborne, and Jewell counties. I was born and raised in Winfield, Kansas. I discovered a love for plants and gardening in my mother’s flower shop where I spent most of my free time playing with the flowers. In high school, I joined FFA and found a deeper passion for agriculture and leadership. I eventually became the president of the Winfield chapter, participating in events such as; floriculture, nursery and landscape plant identification, and parliamentary procedure. My love of agriculture made Kansas State University the perfect educational choice.  
During my time at K-State, I was involved as an officer of Horticulture Club. I also served as a Horticulture Ambassador, and a member of the Landscape Contracting Team. I graduated from K-State in May 2017 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, and a specialization in Greenhouse and Nursery Management. 

After graduation I spent two weeks studying abroad in Italy. I traveled through central and northern Italy, including Rome, Orvieto, Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, and Venice. My favorite part was in Florence visiting the Chanti Region, where so many grapes are grown for wine production. I fell in love with the Boboli Gardens in Florence and would love to implement some of the colorful bulbs I saw into my own landscape.

I am excited to now live in Beloit. In my free time I enjoy wildflower gardening, playing the violin, and spending time with friends and family.  
           
More information about K-State Research and Extension Post Rock District is available by calling (785) 738 - 3597, or by visiting www.postrock.k-state.edu

Popular Posts