Ashley Svaty - Nutrition, Food Safety and Health Agent
Post Rock District is hosting a Food Preservation Workshop on May 1st in Lincoln at the United Methodist Church. If you or a friend are interested in food preservation you won’t want to miss this opportunity. Karen Blakeslee from the K-State Research and Extension Rapid Response Center will be teaching the workshop and will teach you anything you want to know about preserving your own foods. This workshop is for everyone-beginners to those who want to brush up on current methods. Participants will:
- Learn the science and history behind food preservation.
- Learn the importance of using tested recipes.
- Gain hands on experience for water bath and pressure canning.
- Safely process their own jams and jellies.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, and confidence to safely preserve their own food at home.
- Take home their canned goods.
- Have fun!
This workshop will be held from 9am-4pm and registration is $30, which includes lunch and all supplies. If you have questions about this workshop please email or call Ashley Svaty at email@example.com (785) 524-4432. If you would like to register for this workshop you can register here or at any Post Rock District Office by April 24th. 10 pre-paid participants are required to hold the workshop and pre-registration is required.