Nora Rhoades, Family and Youth Development Agent
How do you know if your child's development is on the right track? Your child is going through many physical and mental changes. Although no two children grow at the same rate, experts agree there are “typical” signs of development.
The K-State Research and Extension Developmental Milestones fact sheets provide a checklist of important milestones in your child’s development during the first five years of life. They are a simple tool you can use to become aware of and appreciate the dramatic changes that are occurring in your child.
You are the most important observer of your child’s development. As you utilize the fact sheets, it is recommended to watch for the listed signs over a one-month period. Remember, each child is different and may learn and grow at a different rate. If you have a concern about your child’s development, you should consult your pediatrician.
The Developmental Milestones fact sheets can be accessed at the links below. You can also contact your local Post Rock District Office to access these resources and more!
* Developmental Milestones: The First Year - http://www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/L834.pdf
* Developmental Milestones: The Second Year - http://www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/L835.pdf
* Developmental Milestones: The Third Year - http://www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/L836.pdf
* Developmental Milestones: The Fourth Year - http://www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/L837.pdf
* Developmental Milestones: The Fifth Year - http://www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/L838.pdf