Are you looking for some educational opportunities this summer for your child, niece, nephew or grandchild to participate in? The Post Rock Extension District Staff are busy planning some fun summer events that I encourage you to get signed up for.
Wild & Wacky Day Camps
These camps are open to all youth completing Kindergarten through 3rd grade during the 2013-2014 school year. Campers will be engaged in a variety of hands on activities that make learning Wild & Wacky and full of excitement and adventures. The dates, times, and locations are listed below. These camps have a small fee to participate in and registration is required in advance.
- June 9th Mankato City Park 8:00-Noon
- June 17th Wagner Park in Smith Center 8:00-11:30
- June 18th Lincoln City Park Noon-5:00
- June 19th Chautauqua Park at Beloit Noon-5:00
- June 20th Osborne City Park 8:30-12:30 (For youth completing K-5)
Do you have what it takes to be a Super Sitter? Join us at the Super Sitter Babysitting Clinics to practice using powers that will improve your ability to keep children healthy and happy. This event is for youth 10 years of age and older who babysit other children. Two clinics will be held at the following sites:
- Tuesday, June 24th Osborne County Fairgrounds 9:00-3:30
- Thursday, June 26th Jewell Community Center 9:00-3:30
There will be a $5 participation fee and registration is due June 10th.
You can access the registration forms for the Day Camps and Babysitting Clincs at http://www.postrock.ksu.edu/p.aspx?tabid=19
If you need additional information or have questions about these events please contact any office of the Post Rock Extension District.