Post Rock District 4-H Represented at 2013 Kansas Youth Leadership Forum

Six Post Rock 4-H members attended the forum held at Rock Springs Ranch, Friday, November 22-24, 2013.  The Kansas 4-H Youth Leadership Forum is designed for youth ages 14-18,  and included speakers, workshops, consulting groups and the election of the State 4-H Council.  
Attending this year were: Karsen Odle, Sidney Odle, Jillian Worm, Seth Hachmeister, Emily Cox, and Cheyenne Nelson.


Emily Cox and Seth Hachmeister both ran for the 2014 KYLF Council.   The state KYLF Council consists of 12 members, three from each of the four Areas.  Seth was elected and as a council member he will attend KYLF meetings, participate in conference calls and attend various events throughout the year.

Cheyenne, Jillian, Sidney & Karsen hang out on the bunks at Rock Springs.

Post Rock attendees were asked what the liked best about the forum and Rock Springs Ranch:
  • Jillian Worm: “Meeting new people.  You get to experience what others like.  I also like the food at Rock Springs.”
  • Emily Cox: “I enjoyed KYLF because I lead a fantastic and crazy group.  I learned that if you fail keep on trying.  My favorite part of Rock Springs is the scenery.”
  • Karsen Odle: “I had fun at KYLF because I got to see my best friend and meet new people.  I don’t have a favorite part of Rock Springs…I love everything about it.  It is like my “second home in 4-H”.
  • Sidney Odle:  “At KYLF I was able to meet new people.  This was my first year to go.  I had a blast.  I love Rock Springs and everyone who works there.  I definitely will come back.”
  • Seth Hachmeister:  “My favorite part was my group and meeting members of council I’ll be serving with.  I absolutely love the Rock Springs staff and food.  It is the greatest.”
  • Cheyenne Nelson:  “My favorite part was the food and getting to meet new people.  I love how everyone was so energetic and exciting.”

Popular Posts